FBC is currently seeking our next organist to further glorify God in worship. Please contact Rev. Tyler Ingram (email@example.com) with any questions or inquiries.
The Organist assists in worship leadership through using their gifts in weekly worship services, working alongside the Associate Pastor of Music and Worship and additional worship leaders.
This is a part-time position that reports to the Associate Pastor of Music and Worship.
Qualifications and/or Skills Needed
● Experience in worship leadership as an organist
● Dedication to faith formation through music and worship
● Team-oriented approach to rehearsals and services
● Sufficient knowledge of organ function and regular maintenance
● Awareness of congregational singing and hymnody
● Quality organ repertoire in conjunction with the worship style of FBC
● Weekly Sunday morning worship leadership with appropriate music in congruence with the identity and worship style of FBC
● Provide weekly service music details in a timely manner
● Accompany soloists, ensembles, and additional special music opportunities on occasion (i.e. brass ensemble, orchestra, etc.)
● Prepare music for special seasonal services such as Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, etc.
Other Assigned Tasks
● Play for additional special services such as weddings, funerals, etc. (additional compensation is available for these opportunities)
● Assist with coordinating organ tuning and maintenance needs along with Associate Pastor of Music and Worship
● Serve as substitute accompanist as needed